BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 5. Songs

Today is my Top Ten Favorite Songs.

1. Slip Slidin Away- Paul Simon. I love this man. I credit my musical revolution to him and Garfunkle. This song is so mellow and is good for any manner of moods or days. Plus it makes you want to listen to more of his music!

2. Summertime- Janis Joplin. After Simon and Garfunkle I quickly fell in with Janis and she has been one f the few female artists I actually own an album from. So many people discredit her music and her voice, but there is something so visceral in her singing. It's hard to describe and I just love listening to her.

3. Gloria- Laura Branigan. This is just one of those songs that makes me happy no matter what mood I'm in. It's a jump up and down and dance around the house like a lunatic song. Or just sing really loudly in the car, ;)

4. Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack. I think the first time I heard this song was watching "Jackie Brown" I fell in love with the song. I always have it somewhere on my mp3 player. Its just a great grooving song.

4. Touches You- Mika. I can't have a play list without Mika. He's total pop, but its fun. This song especially.

5. One Song Glory- Adam Pascal, RENT. First of all the whole soundtrack to this movie is one of my favorite show soundtracks. I especially love Adam Pascal, plus in the movie with the whole roof scene, shaggy hair......yeah. Give a girl a heart attack.

6. Forever and Ever Amen- 8mm. I came across this song through the show "Moonlight" (an incredibly shortlived show that had a very hot Alex O'Laughlin as a vamp). I got into a lot of bands I had never heard before but I hung on to this song. It very altruistic at times and I love the melody.

7. Together- The Kin. Also via "Moonlight", I really came to love this band as a whole. They have some great songs and their sound on a whole is folky rock. I love the harmonizing that they do. Good song for blue days.

8. Oveture to Tannhauser- Wagner. In Music Theory class I pretty much swore I would never like Wagner. He's boring, stuffy, and very heavy (verse, melody, you name it, its like a ton of rocks). Until I came across this oveture. I found it on a classical collection cd someone gave me. I fell in love with it before I knew who wrote, and of course had to eat my words. Its beautiful and I love how it builds and builds.

9. There's a good reason these tables are numbered- Panic! at the Disco. This album in particular was pretty much all I listened to for about a year. Over and over. The lyrics in this song are what get to me, its so "in your face". Plus the drums and jazz vibe are hard to beat.

Well. I will post another later today because I missed yesterday, so have fun.

0 comments: