BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day two

Well, yesterday's foray in to the world of blog did ok I guess.
Todays challenge is a little more intesting and slightly egotistical. This is about me though, right? Lol.
Anyway. Ten Random Facts about Myself.

1. I am actually a really picky eater. Not as bad as my youngest brother (in my own opinion) but my best friend would probably disagree. I hate fake Strawberry flavor, and actually the only way I will eat the darn fruit is if it plain and fresh. NO SUGAR. I also hate soggy bread anything so no cake and ice cream mixed. Yuck. But given the choice between homemade mac and cheese and the cheapest box mix available, I will err in the favor of the box every time. I know, some Chef I am.

2. I really love 80's hair bands. Like love. Even their terrible music vidoes (ok, NOT Flock of Seagulls. There is a limit to my bad taste). Sometimes I think that Poison's music was written especially for me, and when I'm having a bad day, nothing picks me up quicker that Laura Branigan's "Gloria". So look out Kellogg, this girl is singing along, LOUDLY!

3. I'm still kind of scared of the dark. I used to sleep with a night light for the longest time, plus it was my standby reading lamp (and I wonder why I have bad eyesight). Now I have upgraded to just really bright alarm clocks. The current walk between my room outside and the bathroom inside is done in haste and I don't breath easy until I'm on the other side of either door. I have an active imagination, and my faulty eyes have always been the first to trick my brain into thinking there was something lurking in the shadows or there really is a grizzly just around the corner.

4. I'm secretly obssessed with weddings. I have had a Knot.com account since college. I don't always log on and stare at dresses, but I have phases. It's probably normal and every girl does it, but I don't even have a boyfriend on long range scanner! I also really love the TLC show "Say Yes to the Dress". When Jammie was getting married I wished she could have tried dresses on forever. Maybe its because its magical and I never really got to experience the whole prom dress thing. Probably faulty wiring.

5. I hate the color pink. Passionately. I don't know how such an insipid colour ever became associated with women. I think I own one piece of clothing that has pink on it. I'm also whiter than white and pink on me tends to bring out what little red undertone I have. I end up looking (in my opinion) terrible. I am a big fan of classy colors like black and white.

6. I don't like painting my fingernails. It feels like my nails are suffocating. I can actually feel the nail claustriphobia set in with the first brush stroke. I also have funky shaped nails so I think it makes my fingers look stubbier than they already are. Lucky I'm in a job that requires you NOT to paint your nails. :)

7. I still wish I could have been a ballerina. I took dance class for a long time. Well, ok. Let me rephrase. I took the same beginner ballet class for a long time. In varying dance schools no less. I don't know if it was the money or that I'm totally not built like a dancer (big hips/butt, and terrible turn-out), but no one moved me up. I love dancing, but real dancing. Not this get on the floor and wiggle your butt around stuff. Things with choreography and a semblance of thought are what turns my stomach. Which also means I'm a sucker for dance movies. No matter how awful.

8. I firmly believe that I was born on the wrong continent and the wrong century. I was supposed to have been born somewhere in the UK. Not only does my heart turn to jelly when I hear that often indecipherable brogue, but in another century I would have been a pinup model. So combine those two facts....wrong time and wrong place. So for now I just dream about moving there someday and watch all the darn BBC I can get my hands on.

9. I am a certified Crane Rigger, specifically for off-shore cranes. I know what a distinction. It came out of a slew of classes that I had to take when working on a crew that was contracted to Shell Oil in the Arctic Ocean. I am also Cold Water Surival trained, HAZWHOPPER certified, NASTC (North Slope public relations) certified, Coast Gaurd First Aid/ CPR, and I know how to run a shipboard crane, and theoretically run most of the equipment in a wheelhouse. Real useful in a kitchen........

10. I can't sleep without socks. I think it has to do with when I was a kid and freezing through the winter. I would put as many socks on as possible, wrap my feet in Safeway bags, stuff them in Sorrel boots, and my feet would still be icicles. If I fall asleep without them, I wake up and have to put them on. No matter how hot it is. I have been known to kick them off when I sleep (Jammie used to say it rained socks), but I wake up soon after.

Anyway. There. You have a little more insight into the odd ball that is me.

0 comments: